Hospital Sitters / Companion
Sitting for hours and days in a hospital with little rest on uncomfortable chairs eating hospital food concerned over a loved one can be very tiring – so tiring that the caregiver becomes exhausted and rundown themselves. At Nightingale Private Care, we offer hospital sitters to take over that night shift or sit during the day while family members go home to change clothing or grab a bite to eat.
Post Operative Recovery Care
Why consider hiring a hospital sitter from Nightingale Private Care?
Our licensed caregivers can stay around the clock after surgery. Keep us in mind for the following scenarios:
- Whether you are seeking respite relief or there are no family members close by but would like someone to be sitting with Grandma keeping her company.
- Making sure your loved one receives pain medications and nursing supervision when there is a need.
- Encouraging meal time and monitoring food intake.
- Providing extra support or fluffing a pillow when a family member is feverish or restless.
- You live out of town and there are no family members close by the hospital, but you would like someone to be sitting with Mom, keeping her company and watching her.
- You want to make sure your loved one eat properly, and that someone monitors their food and fluid intake.
- You can’t be with your loved one 24 hours a day but you want to provide extra support such as fluffing a pillow when a family member is feverish or restless.
Clinical Trained Nurses or Home Health Aides
Our hospital sitters are home health aides or nurses, and they report to our nursing supervisors and to whatever family member requesting the information. We are proud to refer to ourselves as patient advocates – something often needed in busy health care facilities.