Skilled Nursing from Palm Beach to Indian River Counties
Our nurses are highly skilled and trained.
Here are just a few of the services offered by our visiting nurses while visiting you at home.
- Perform duties such as medication set-ups and management
- Post-operative care
- Diabetic management
- Pain control
- Dementia related supervision
- Nutritional support
- Monitoring of vital signs with report to physicians, extended nursing care and coordination of client care with all members of their health care team
Proper diabetes care is critical to reduce the complications caused by this disease. When blood sugar (glucose) levels remain too high and are uncontrolled, serious complications arise such as blindness, wounds that will not heal amputations, neuropathy (loss of feeling in extremities), confusion, kidney failure, and eventual death.Low blood sugar levels can cause dizziness, fainting, confusion and falls.
It is imperative that clients with diabetes use the proper methods and times to check their blood sugar levels. The information gathered dictates medication and dietary intake – both of which are critical to life.
In Home Care When Living with Diabetes
In home assistance for clients challenged by diabetes and self care deficits such as finger dexterity and short term memory loss can make the difference between maintaining health and suffering very sad complications and even death.
Our caregivers can assist the client with the testing process, medication reminders, and healthy diet plans from the American Diabetes Association.
Our nurses can oversee insulin administration and the reporting of vital statistics to endocrinologists and other MD’s involved in the client’s overall daily health care plan.Taking care of the diabetic client every day without fail is vital to maintaining steady glucose control and the prevention of long term effects. "A small amount of help daily can produce a large amount of good health for years!"
Call today for a FREE Home Care Assessment (772) 245-8390
Living with Parkinson's Disease at Home
Living with Parkinson's disease requires adjustments from the patient and caregiver alike. Helping your loved one remain active and engaged is very important. Our caregivers can assist in so many ways to add quality of life for the Parkinson's patient and needed respite, encouragement, and support for the patient's caregiver.
Nightingale Private Care can provide daily supportive services for the Elderly living with Parkinson's Disease.
Tasks a Home Health Aide can provide for the Elderly living with Parkinson's Disease
Daily Supportive Services for the Elderly Living with Parkinson's Disease
Providing Home Safety Measures
- Organizing the home - A caregiver can help by organizing and removing clutter. Items the patient uses frequently should be placed at a level convenient for the patient so that they do not have to reach to high or bend to low.
- Clearing walkways – removing throw rugs and tacking down loose carpets that could cause falls.
- Increasing lighting with nightlights especially in bathrooms and bedrooms.
- Assisting with medication organization so that doses are not missed or duplicated.
- Placing non skid rubber mats in shower stalls and bathtubs.
Assisting with Personal Non-Medical Home Care
- Bathing with respect and dignity
- Suggesting electric razor and toothbrush
- Dressing assistance – opting for clothing with fewer buttons, zippers, and difficult closures – elastic waistbands and Velcro shoes
Assisting with Meals
- Preparing healthy meals
- Allowing as much time as possible for mealtimes
- Encouraging smaller, more frequent meals
- Utilizing specially designed dishes utensils and cups
Assisting with Homemaking
- Helping caregiver with laundry and bedmaking
- Light housekeeping
- Running errands, shopping, pharmacy trips
Keeping the Elderly Patient Active at Home
- Assisting patient with a hobby or other interest – playing with pets, attending concerts, movies, etc...
- Providing exercise assistance – in home exercise or walking
Nightingale Private Care clinical team is ready and willing to provide the daily support necessary to ensure that your loved one stays active and engaged in life as much as possible. Their support can also help to maintain the health and wellness of cargivers. Please feel free to call our office and speak to one of our Registered Nurse Case Managers for more information about our support of the Parkinson's patient and their family.
Ostomy Care at Home
When you or a loved one are discharged from the hospital with a new iliostomy or colostomy, daily life can suddenly seem very complicated and overwhelming.
Adjusting to daily care, supplies and their use, and body image concerns can make ostomy care a frightening and discouraging part of life.
Elderly clients who have had ostomies for many years may become challenged to provide their own care because of dexterity issues and memory deficits.
Personal Care at Home with a Home Health Aide
Our nurses and home health aides can be of great assistance in providing daily care. Our nurses can change ostomy appliances, order supplies, and evaluate the ostomy stoma for skin integrity and lack of infection. Our aides can empty and cleanse collection bags and report to nurses any changes noted that might be of concern. Nightingale nurses can also provide excellent education, training, and support for the patient and family alike, promoting independence and a sense of accomplishment. Whatever the need for support, assistance, or education Nightingale Private Care trained clinical team can help evaluate your needs.
Nutritional Evaluation at Home - Home Visits
At Nightingale Private Care, we can make a visit to your home or that of a loved one to review dietary needs, plan meals, coordinate nutrition plans with your doctor or dialysis center, and to educate you and your family for future meal planning. Our goal is to create a healthy environment in the home and to assist seniors with proper meal planning based on their health care needs.
Health Conditions that may require Assistance
Certain health conditions may be beneficial by having an oversee care. Below are a few ailments:
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- kidney disease
- irritable bowel syndrome
Many others ailments are greatly affected by dietary choices – food can greatly improve or greatly exacerbate these conditions.
We can provide the guidelines and the answers to better health! It is true - good nutrition can change lives!